Collaborate with us
COLLABORATE WITH US
We invite collaboration with like-minded people, particularly scientists and engineers, who are enthusiastic about developing appropriate technology and excited about the adventure of visiting the jungle’.
There are many ways that you can collaborate with us and support Kadagaya. It is important for us to keep building our network of like-minded people and we invite everyone supporting our goals to help us out in any small way they can. Please contact us with any questions, comments, or ideas. Some examples of on-going and near-term projects are listed here:
- Aquaponics systems: Research, design, and build aquaponics systems for providing vegetables, herbs, and fish for the community. These systems will be placed in walipinis (underground greenhouses) for climate control. (Find out more)
- Greywater and blackwater systems: Research, design, and build sanitation systems for the residential buildings. This will include holistic integration with a greywater treatment pond (to reuse the water for irrigation), as well as diverting the toilet waste to a biodigester to produce methane biogas for cooking. (Find out more)
- Methane biogas digester: Research, design, and build the biogas digestion system. (Find out more)
- Permaculture food forest and gardens: Design, planting, and management of the land-based agriculture. The food forest areas are being integrated around the campus, mainly for providing fruit, as well as technical materials (e.g. cotton and other fibres). As most vegetables will be provided by the aquaponics systems, we are not prioritizing large-scale vegetable gardens. (Find out more)
- Biopolymer and natural fibre composites: Experimentation with biopolymer materials (such as polylactic acid) and natural fibres (such as flax, hemp, and bamboo) for producing composites for building materials. (Find out more)
- Mushroom farm: Research, design, and build a small farm for producing edible mushrooms, focusing on continuous propagation of native species. In addition, research into the production of mycelium for insulating building materials
- Food storage: Design and build a shelter for storing food (excess crops and emergency rations). Investigate preservation methods. A focus is dehydration (design and build a dehydrator).
- Health and nutrition: Crop planning based on optimization of nutrition. Preparation of materials and a space for a small health clinic.
- Education: preparation of educational resources for children and adults. (Find out more)
- Website, social media, and “marketing” of the project: Updating our website, publishing updates on social media, contacting collaborators, scheduling of volunteers, making videos and other media.
- Financial management and funding: Investigating options for funding via crowdfunding, competitions, and grants. Preparation of applications. General financial management of the project.